|Bank notes:||20 dirhams, 50 dirhams, 100 dirhams, 200 dirhams|
|Coins:||1 santimat, 5 santimat, 10 santimat, 20 santimat, ½ dirhams, 1 dirham, 2 dirhams, 5 dirhams, 10 dirhams|
|Three-course meal for 2, mid-range restaurant||150 Dirhams|
|One-way ticket for local transport||5 Dirhams|
|Bottle of water||3.4 Dirhams|
Some tips to be ready!
1. Most local restaurants, shops, street vendors and taxi do not accept card payment. Be ready with the local currency. Make sure to bring enough cash with yourself, ATM can be a hit or miss.Some hotels and fine dining would accept Euro.
2. Opening hours for most museums and tourist attractions will change with season. Keep in mind that Morocco is a Muslim country, try to avoid their holidays or you might be there where everything is closed.
3. Avoid tap water, only drink bottled water, even for brushing teeth. Try to avoid ice and juice as well. Bring some Imodium with yourself, just in case.
4. Be sure to dress appropriately, especially women, when visiting mosque.
5. Make sure to negotiate and agree on a rate with taxi drivers before you get onto it. You can ask the front desk of your hotel for an approximate price to travel to certain destination.
6. Stay away from strangers offering free guides or directions, especially in Medina.
7. Women need to dress more conservatively. Try to cover up as much as possible to avoid unwanted attention.
8. Be careful with pickpockets, especially in crowded area like the markets.
9. Do not take photos of people and shops unless given permission, otherwise you might have to pay for the photos.
10. Prepare and bring toilet paper with you everywhere you go, some hand sanitizer would be useful as well.